Pages

Friday 6 May 2016

Making Mud

When we went to Ojibway Park we saw many kinds of animal tracks in the mud. The children were very interested in the tracks and wondered what animals they belonged to. We decided that most of the tracks belonged to deer, but some may have been dog tracks. Last Wednesday we made play dough that smells like chocolate but looks like mud. We put it into the sensory bin with animal tracks and natural materials. See the children's exploration in the photographs below. 
Thank you to all the parents who sent in the ingredients to make the play dough!
"I am smelling the cocoa! It smelled like real chocolate chips!"

"We were going to make chocolate play dough."

"I am smelling it. It makes the play dough smell good like chocolate."

"We were smelling the chocolate and it was smelling good so I smiled! When we were smelling it was smelling like it was very very yummy. It also was very smelly like chocolate and we made it into play dough. We got to make it and we got to choose a friend to help. They got to make the play dough also. We all even got to smell it." 
"I am smelling the chocolate!"



"Je mets la farine dans le bol parce que nous faisons la pâte à modeler ."(I put flour in the bowl because we are making play dough.)


"I am pouring salt into the bowl."

"I am pouring salt."




"I'm putting the cocoa in the bowl."

"I am making play dough. I'm stirring it!"

"I am making play dough. It smelled good!"


"Je mélange la pâte à modeler!" (I am mixing the play dough)
"I am touching the play dough."
















"I am showing you a hand print! I don't know what kind... it looks like a pterodactyl!"


"I put a pine cone in it to make little prints!"


"I made a 'Y' for my name!"




















"When I was making the ball out of the chocolate play dough..."
"That is chocolate play dough. I am making a surprise with it."
"I made a footprint. I think it is a dinosaur print."




"I was putting some of the little things in the chocolate play dough.
I was making a pizza."
"I was putting the chocolate play dough in there. I was putting little stuff, little balls."




"I was showing you a people to take a picture of it."
"This is what I made before, it's the nest."
"I am making a Tim Horton's doughnut." 
"I was making a people."
"I made a bird nest. There are bird eggs in it."
"C'est la crème glacée." (It's ice cream)




"It's the face de le bonhomme de neige, the tête!"


"I am making a ball."
"I made an ice cream cone."
"C'est un bonhomme de neige"
(It's a snowman)
"I am trying to make the nest I made before."


"I am making an ant hill."
"I am smushing the play dough all up and making rain."
"I was rolling balls to make a head, a circle of peoples faces!"
"Je fais une sphère pour toi parce que je veux que tu ouvres la sphère." (I made a sphere for you because I want you to open the sphere)

No comments:

Post a Comment